Formerly a very busy Country Inn, we have scaled our operations down and are now trading as a Guest House offering high quality Bed and Breakfast accommodation. We also cater for private functions such as Wedding Receptions, Christenings, Wakes, Business Meetings, etc.
• We are situated about 18 miles north west of Oxford, on the A4095 halfway between Woodstock and Witney - 4 1/2 miles each - just outside the village of Long Hanborough. Blenheim Palace, home of the Duke of Marlborough, is set in magnificent grounds about ten minutes drive away and is the venue for a wide variety of events throughout the Spring and Summer. For details, contact the Woodstock Tourist Board Office.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is a substantial car park to the rear of the property, access to which is directly off the A4095, clearly signed and illuminated at night.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• A porch at the front of the building, clearly signed, gives access to the original Lounge Bar, which is where you will be asked to sign in and given the keys to your room. Please ring the doorbell to gain admittance.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• We have five letting bedrooms in total - two in the main building and three in the adjacent annex. All rooms are on the first floor and, therefore, not suitable for wheelchair access. All rooms are fully en-suite and include television, tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones and clock radios, hair dryers and free mineral water. All rooms fully carpeted throughout.
• All the rooms are fully en-suite but equipped with shower rather than a bath; plus toilet and washbasin. Facilities and equipment are similar to those in rooms 6 & 7 except that Room 2 does not have central heating. It does, however, have a fan heater and heated towel rail and there is a radiator on the landing opposite the door.
• Dogs are welcome by arrangement
Shepherds Hall, Witney Road, Freeland, Witney, Oxfordshire. OX29 8HQ
Telephone: 01993 881256
Fax: 01993 883455